Here are some regularly asked questions
1. What is a hammam towel and what is a Turkish towel?
A hammam towel, also known as a Turkish Towel, fouta or peshtemal is made from Turkish cotton which has longer fibres resulting in smoother, stronger threads. Traditionally used in communal hammam baths to protect bathers modesty, they are lightweight and fast drying and have become a staple in stylish bathrooms and beaches around the world.
2. What are the benefits of a hammam towel?
Where do we begin!
Due to the quality of Turkish cotton, these towels are strong and become softer and more absorbent with each wash. You can wash and wash them and they still look as good as new.
Turkish towels are lightweight and breathable so they dry much faster than traditional towels. This means they're perfect for the bathroom so you don't get the damp towel smell and also perfect for the beach and pool so you don't end up sunbathing on a soggy beachtowel.
As they are lightweight they take up much less room in beachbags, storage cupboards, suitcases and picnic baskets. They also take up much less room in the washing machine so are more eco friendly to launder. You won't need to tumbledry hammam towels as they dry so fast so are super easy to care for.
Everyone loves products that are multi tasking and Turkish towels are just that. Not only are they perfect for the beach and bathroom but you can use as a beach cover up or sarong, a picnic blanket, furniture throw, pet blanket, baby blanket, breastfeeding cover up and sunshade...the list is endless!
As the towels are flatweave they don't hold sand like regular beach towels, just shake them off and they're ready to go back in your beachbag. They're also great as a beach sarong and sunshade.
Turkish towels are so much more stylish than regular beach and bath towels. You can stack them up in the bathroom for that spa feel and they look so much prettier hung on a towel ladder or back of the bathroom door. The vibrant colours are great for the beach and we have colours to match all your swimwear so they are great for a resort wardrobe.
3. How do you wash a hammam towel?
Our 100% natural cotton Turkish towels could not be easier to look after but here are some tips to keep them looking pristine.
- The towel may feel a little stiff when you first get it, don't worry - either soak it in cold water overnight or pop in the washing machine and it will come out soft and ready for it's first outing,
- After use eco wash at 30 - 40 degrees with similar colours
- The towels will get softer and more absorbent with each wash
- We don't recommend using fabric softener as this can make the towel less absorbent
- There's no need to tumble dry as they air dry in minutes
- You can iron them on a cool setting but as they're so soft there really is no need
4. Turkish towel v terry towel
We promise, once you start using a hammam towel you won't go back to regular Terry towels. The ease of washing and quickness of drying will make your life so much easier. Their multitasking nature means you can keep them in your gym bag, car, picnic basket or baby bag and you'll use it every day.